The Port of Big Creek is an ISPS Certified port with a buoyed and dredged channel leading to a 305m of fully fendered quay with a depth alongside of 6.7m below Chart Datum. The channel has been dredged to a minimum depth of 11m. The channel width of 63m has been created at the fully dredged depth to permit single way ship movements. It is possible to berth either portside to or starboard side.
To provide a world class import and export alternative, harness our strategic geographic position while remaining a safe, competitive and secure port.
Provide our shareholders with a fair return on investment.
Provide our employees with a safe, comfortable clean working environment, continuous training and personal development opportunities, fair salaries and benefits.
To be a prominent, multi-faceted, innovative and sustainable port in the region.
Presently we have three (3) berths in operation.
- Length of berth No. 1 – 305 meters
- Lenght of berth No. 2 – 305 meters
- Lenght of berth No. 3 – 213 meters
- LOA of 230 meters with a draft of 10.5 meters
- Tug Usage: Compulsary except for vessels under 90 meters
- Only Dayling Navigation through the channel entering/leaving the port is permissible.
- Pilotage is compulsory for Vessel Naviation through the channel entering/leaving the port.
- Minimum Keel Clearance is 10% of Draft
- All mooring lines and spring lines bollards are in place for 24 hrs. operations.
- Tidal range is 12″ however, during cold front it may to to 18″.
- Two Tug available (a) St. James – 3400HP/34 tons Bullard Pull (b) AJ Ellis – 3400HP/189 tons Bullard Pull